Thursday, February 9, 2012

Last of the Colorado Provenance

Today I'll finish up the stories behind the rest of the Colorado pictures.





Almost all of the rest of the scenic pictures were taken on our descent. We were only on the mountain three days but in those three days the aspens turned from lime green to golden yellow. The window for seeing the aspen trees in their fall transition is a short probably 2 to 3 week gap and we were so lucky to get right in the middle of it. The forests we hiked through to get back to our car were all gold, the leaves were beginning to shed and our path was littered with yellow leaves (our very own yellow-brick-road). The sound through the leaves so a perfect shuffling and the light through the leaves were just as beautiful as you can imagine.

The picture called "Landon" was Landon's handiwork. He took that shot on our way down and I actually love the sun flare he got there at the bottom.



"Water Source" was literally our water source when we made camp. The stream was just a few yards and a small hill away from our tent. The oxogen was so thin that we were breathless just getting our nalgene bottles filled and coming back. The water was cold and tasted so good. The water really is better there :)



The descent off the Bells took us a little over 2 hours I think. It wasn't as hard as the climb up but it was still demanding. My feet felt heavy, my pack felt even heavier and I smelled terrible. It was totally worth it. I have never seen stars to bright and clear. It was actually scary to see so many billions of stars so clearly and see the fog of the milky way winding through our sky.

I felt like the trip to Colorado was an anniversary gift from God. Originally Landon and I were going to attend the Kings of Leon concert, then stay at a hotel and celebrate our anniversary in July. The concert was canceled (thanks Caleb) and I was really disappointed. And then we got to go all the way to Colorado. I loved it, every part, even the painful and gross ones were awesome. If you have a chance to do a trip like this do it!

Thanks for looking at the pictures and reading their provenance. Mexico pictures will start tomorrow! Remember everything is on sale on my website! And I just added a donate button to the blog! Thanks for the love, prayers and funds!

Much love,
L&L

1 comment:

  1. Love love love again!!!!! So talented sister!!!

    ReplyDelete