Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Colorado and other things!

WOW! It's been awhile but I have been busy with a vacation!

Landon and I took a trip to Colorado to Salida and the Maroon Bells - it was stunning. The weather was perfect, the Aspens were bright yellow and there were no bear problems!

During our road trip to get there we started reading the book Adopted for Life by Russell Moore:



This book explores the biblical basis for adoption, how modern adoption displays the gospel and shares his personal journey through adopting his two sons from Russia. Moore is a great writer who smoothly leads you thought theological points of our Gentile adoption into the nation of Israel in a clear, understandable and entertaining way.

We have read about 3 chapters as of now and it is making us so excited about adoption but its also given me a greater and more personal understanding of my own adoption into the family of God through Christ. It is transforming our hearts and we can't wait to get more time to read it.

I would highly recommend this book not only to people wanting to adopt but people who are on the fence about adoption, people whose friends are adopting and people who have no relation to adoption at all because it really is so good at explaining how incredible our adoption to God is. So, put it on your Christmas list!

In other news I will be opening my print shop soon to raise some funds - I will keep you posted. The shop will include pictures from our mission trip to Mexico last year, pictures from our most recent Colorado trip (you'll LOVE these) and lastly a few adoption specific prints that I have designed with verses on them. And who knows maybe I'll get some random stellar shots in there from somewhere else.

This is a great way to support our adoption whether you have $20 or $200 AND you'll get a fantastic piece of art to go with it!

Again, I'll give you all the information when it's all set up and you can get buying!

~L&L

PS- favorite quote so far from Adopted for Life - "Adoption is not charity, it is spiritual warfare."

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I saw your post on fb, so I thought I'd drop by! It sounds like a wonderful book {for many reasons!} I'm glad there were no bear problems on your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete